Happy Craft Beer Week Nova Scotia. I wrote a Complete Nova Scotia Craft Beer Week 2017 Day-by-Day Guide and Nova Scotia Open Brewery Day May 6th 2017 Complete Guide to help you plan your week. Here is the weeks news.
Good Robot Brewing has three betabrew releases for Nova Scotia Craft Beer Week, brewed by Kelly Costello with different guest assistants for each (Brent Braaten, Dani Alarie and 2b Theatre folks)
- 'Strangely Black', Black IPA with cold-steeped grains, release at the Good Robot taproom on May 5.
- 'Later Gator', White IPA, dry-hopped w/Amarillo. May 7 at Stillwell Open
- 'Klezmer Kölsch' will be released on May 10 for 2b Theatre's Ambassador Night with cast members of Old Stock: A refugee love story, which is running from May 4-14 at The Waiting Room
Hangover Triage Craft Beer Week event is on May 14 at Good Robot. The events on that date are:
- Yoga in our beer garden at 11AM
- Coffee and beer pairing from Bottleneck Coffee Co., especially crushable/sessionable beers from various NS breweries, brunch by Rinaldo's, and an oxygen bar.
- Outdoor evening screening of Dazed and Confused, folks welcome to wear bathrobes, pajamas, or whatever other loungewear they typically don on a day after drinking.
Garrison Brewing released Juicy! Double IPA today. They have finalized the recipe after numerous test batches and gathering feedback. This is a draft only release for now and will be available for tasters and growler fills at the brewery, and will be at select licensees starting later this week end or early next week.
Big Spruce Brewing released their May seasonal of She's Maibock. It's brewed with 100% imported German malt and Bavarian yeast and lagered for just over a month. They added copious amounts of lemon zest to the boil then dry hopped with lemon zest for a balanced yet complex brew with some uniquely original flavours clocking in at 6.1% ABV and 30 IBU. It's available on tap at the brewery and fine taps across Nova Scotia.
Hell Bay Brewing says Sour Apple is now available at the brewery and select licensed establishments. It is a light brew, kettle soured with organic yogurt and fermented on Pazzazz apples. Mark says it is "Light, tart, refreshing and just in time for patio season". The 4.5% ABV beer is not bottled as of yet.
Roof Hound Brewing has a new beer. Fuzzy Navel ISA is hazy, hoppy and juicy with peach and pomegranate.
Sea Level Brewing released its seasonal speciality that is one of Brewmaster Randy Lawrence's favorites. The recipe was given to him from a friend who makes this beer in Dusseldorf, a master brewer at the Füchschen Brauerei. This New World Alt is a clean medium bodied ale with a background hop presence provided by the Hallertau Blanca and Mandarina Bacaria hops. The 5.5% ABV beer will be available in growlers and cans at the brewery and on tap at The Port Pub and Bistro as well as on tap at Battery Park for the Horton Ridge Tap Takeover on Saturday.
Spindrift Brewing has a new Berliner Lager made with Horton Ridge Malt and Grain Co. Pilsner Malt. The real kettle-soured beer is 3.6% ABV and 5 IBU and lightly dry hopped with Mandarina Bavaria/Hallertau Blanc.
Annapolis Cider is now doing online ordering and shipping by the case at drinkannapolis.ca for anywhere in Canada.
Lastly Chain Yard Cider has released its first cans to the NSLC. Chain Yard Foundations Cider is 6% ABV and hit the shelves earlier this week. Co-owner Susan Downey says the urban cidery on Agricola in Halifax will open later in May.
Thanks for checking in this week and enjoy your week.