Sunday, March 16, 2014

Picaroons Tap Takeover at Stillwell Beer Bar - March 15, 2014


Stillwell hosted their second tap takeover on Saturday, this time it was Picaroons ruling the 12 taps and 3 casks to boot. The sold out event crowd was loud but well behaved at the Barrington Street watering hole. Picaroons brought many of their staples as well as a couple of seasonals including their newly released Maple Cream Ale. On cask was Timber Hog, Yippee IPA and Afterglow Aphrodisiac. I got to sample The Maple Cream Ale, is is a very sweet maple ale and the Ember Ale Smoked Porter with a lovely smoked goodness. On cask I had the Timber Hog stout and Yippee IPA, both were a slightly different experience from the regular bottled versions I have had and were good.
What makes the tap takeovers great for me is not only the beers but talking to the brewers. I had a great chat with Picaroons Head Brewmaster Andrew Estabrooks who is an awesome guy.
Well done Stillwell, keep up the great work.